Monday, August 9, 2010

Trauma Recovery Treatment

People who have experienced trauma may respond in a variety of ways. Physical or emotional symptoms are normal and called a traumatic stress reaction. Physical symptoms of traumatic stress may include fatigue, headaches, startling easily, sweating, and gastro-intestinal problems.

Traumatic stress may create feelings of anger, fear, guilt, anxiety, reduced awareness, numbness, helplessness, and hopelessness. Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can develop from traumatic stress when symptoms persist for more than a month and get in the way of normal life. Because the body and mind work together, traumatic stress can cause a cycle that makes it seem like the body and mind are working against one another, worsening symptoms like pain and fatigue.

Serious problems may persist and continue to interfere with daily living if they are left untreated. Psychologists who specialize in trauma and recovery can educate patients about common responses to extreme stress and help them find constructive ways of dealing with the emotional impact of such stress. Children who exhibit continual aggressive emotional outbursts, serious problems at school, preoccupation with the traumatic event, withdrawal, and other signs of intense anxiety or emotional difficulties also may need professional assistance. Traumatized children and their parents benefit from understanding and dealing with thoughts, feelings and behaviors that result from trauma.

Another specialized form of psychological treatment for trauma is Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). EMDR is a rapid, safe, and effective treatment for anxiety, and recovery from sexual abuse and traumatic stress.

The Arroyos® Psychological Associates are Neuropsychology testing. We offer psychological treatment diabetes, and are also experienced in treating dual diagnosis patients.

1 comment:

  1. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete